Dalagård is classified as “safe house”
According to a system of certification that includes reviewing and monitoring the fire protection, electrical system and so on. Fire inspections are made by the authority;
o All electricity is newly installed in 2010 and the purchase of electricity is according to “green environmental choice”.
o All light fittings are of an approved type.
o Fluorescent Luminaries are sealed and have stainless steel buckles.
o All light bulbs have protective glass.
o All electrical cables are permanently attached.
o Switches and socket are of the latest model and function.
o All switchboards, electrical equipment and electric motors are clean from dust and debris.
o All electrical equipment is connected via the 14 different RCD.
o Halogen lamps are mounted heat-resistantly.
o Power distribution units outside and in the garage is made of metal.
o Computers and alarms have lightning protection and surge protection.
o Reserve power exists and is reported to Vattenfall and ready to connect.
o We have 12 extinguishers (6-12 kg. Most of them are with powder / 2 are with foam).
o The fire extinguisher pressure is checked every year and replaced if it is too low.
o Dalagård has 12 Smoke detect alarms in every relevant place.
o Dalagård also has an electronic alarm system linked to the siren and Securitas.
o Gas cylinders are stored in the garage (we have only the usual P11 tubes), with signs on the wall.
o Replacement Fuel is stored in the garage.
o Fire Blankets are available on relevant sites.
o Rescue Ladders are available in all bedrooms upstairs.
Cook and eat Food
We take as much groceries, flowers and vegetables as possible from our own farm garden or buy locally produced. We also have several talented food suppliers in the immediate area which we interact with. • Dalagård is certified food handler and safety rated food handler. This means that we have a well working management of both cold and hot food. We have various kinds of self control, including HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points).
• We have our own professional kitchen and prefer using local products without packaging (when possible) to reduce waste.
• We have no environmentally harmful products in our food handling.
• We replace bottled water with its own spring water. Dalagård is fully licensed for private parties and try to offer locally produced non-alcoholic beverages.
• Extensive sorting of waste is done in interaction with customers at our own facility. We strive for minimize waste. We compost waste in your own warm compost for soil recovery.
Supplies and Equipment
• We never use disposable cutlery and plates.
• We mainly use soap as a cleaning agent.
• Environmentally friendly toilet paper and soap are proffered. Hand soap is kept in refill holders to avoid packaging.
• We hand in all forms of environmentally damaging products.
• Bed linen and towels are eco-labeled.
• When purchasing new or making investments we purchase the environmentally good products.
Chemicals and Fuels
Dalagård try to limit the use of fossil fuels. When it seldom used, it shall be of the least environmentally damaging type.
• Paraffin can be used in lamps.
• Gasoline is needed for the reserve power, but this is used sparsely. Mowing is done only sparingly and on a minimal surface.
• Our fishing boats are banned to use petrol engines in our lakes. In the larger streams we use 4-stroke engines of eco-friendly type and petrol sparingly.
Inform, Use, and set Requirements for the guest
All guests are informed about both safety and environmental work at the farm. Also what is expected to be done by the guests. This is appreciated.
Marketing and Administration
We produce a simple leaflet every year printed on environmental paper by an environmentally certified printing company. Most emphasis is made on our website where we link to and fro other websites. We always emphasize that at trade fairs and meetings.
Development work in the Environmental Field
Cecilia Öster is an environmental coordinator for Dalagård and feel an extra responsibility for the ongoing development of the environmental work. Right now we are reviewing the certification of our forest management according to FSC (now it is certified acc. PEFC). We are planning to make special nature trails on environmental issues. We have had and want to develop courses for immigrants about the right of public access, forest management and environmental issues. We will carry out regular environmental audits, which will end up in dates when the improvements should be done.